As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2016, NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2017 [NEET(UG)-2017 is now conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament e.g. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The first NEET exam was conducted on 7th May 2017.
NEET 2018 Probable Dates
Commencement of applications December 2017 (1st Week)
NEET UG 2018 Notification Release Date December 2017 (2nd Week)
NEET 2018 Bulletin on Website (www.cbseneet.nic.in) December 2017 (2nd Week)
Online Application Start Date December 2017 (3rd Week)
Registering Application form Last Date January 2018 (3rd week)
Correction Windows OPENS February 2018 (1st Week)
Download admit card online April 2018 (3rd Week)
NEET 2018 Exam Date May 2018 (1st Week)
Result Announced for Neet 2018 Exam June 2018 (1st Week)
Counseling State Date June 2018 (3rd Week)
NEET Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NEET 2018 are as follows:
- The applicant should be an Indian national or OCI i.e. Overseas Citizen of India.
- The candidate must have an age within 17 to 25 years as on 31st December 2018, with a maximum age limit of 30 years for reserved candidates
- The candidate should have passed 10 2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology & Mathematics and English
- To be eligible for this criteria, he or she should have a minimum 50% in PCB group (40% for SC/ST/OBC and 45% for General PH)
NEET 2018 Syllabus
Based on 10 2 syllabus, the candidates are tested on Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
- Examination duration: 3 hours.
- The paper will be having 180 questions of MCQ type.
- You will get 4 marks for correct answer and -1 mark for the wrong answer.
- NEET 2018 question paper is divided into 4 sections which are as follows-
Botany: 45 questions, Physics: 45 questions, Zoology: 45 questions, Chemistry: 45 questions.
NEET 2018 Fees
You can pay your fees online and offline mode. The fees of 2017 are given as follows:
UR & OBC - Rs. 1400/-
SC/ST & PH) - Rs. 750/-
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi- 110092
For details, click herehttp://www.cbseneet.nic.in/