NEET-PG is a single window entrance examination for PG courses. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses as per the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 w.e.f. 2017 admission session.
About NEET-PG 2018
NEET-PG 2018 will be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Medical Courses’ for the academic session 2018 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union territories of India
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Broad specialty courses (January 2018 Admission Session)
Colleges which are not covered under NEET
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
Important NEET PG Dates 2018
Online Registration: November 2017
Exam Dates: Second Week December 2017
Result: January 2018
Eligibility Criteria for NEET PG
Candidates who have completed MBBS degree or provisional MBBS certificate which have been issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship or/are likely to complete the internship on or before 31st March 2018, may apply for NEET-PG 2018.
Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-PG 2017 will not be permitted to appear in the examination and/or counseling. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the NEET-PG 2018.
Candidate who are completing their internship after 31st March 2018 or likely to complete need not apply in NEET-PG 2017 as they shall be ineligible to participate at any stage of the admission process.
A candidate can register and appear for NEET-PG 2017 only once for admission to the academic year 2018-2019.
Registration and /or appearance in NEET-PG 2017 do not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at medical institute /college for MD/MS or PG Diploma Courses.
Syllabus of NEET 2018
The syllabus for the exam shall comprise of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. For details click here www.mciindia.org.
In 2017, the weightage of marks were:
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered on computer based platform (CBT).
- The exam comprises of 300 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only. Time allotted is 3hr. 30 min.
Grand Total: 300
- Anatomy: 15
- Physiology: 15
- Biochemistry: 15
- Pharmacology: 20
- Microbiology: 20
- Pathology: 25
- Forensic Medicine: 10
- Social And Preventive Medicine: 25
- Medicine Dermatology And Venereology: 37
- Surgery, Ent, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia: 46
- Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy: 12(6 6)
- Obstetrics And Gynaecology: 25
- Paediatrics: 15
- Ophthalmology: 10
- Psychiatry: 10
NEET PG Examination Fees
NEET-PG 2017 Exam fee was:
Rs. 2750/- (For SC/ST/PWD (PH) candidates)
Rs. 3750/- (For General/OBC candidates)
How to pay
The prescribed registration fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through Internet Banking. For more information, please visit the website
For test centres, click here