The Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Pondicherry (JIPMER) conducts the national level medical entrance exam JIPMER 2018 for admission to MBBS programme. The JIPMER exam is tentatively conducted in the month of June, where thousands of students from all parts of the country compete for the MBBS seats.
JIPMER 2018 Application Form
The candidates are required to apply online for JIPMER exam 2018 by visiting the official website. The application process will begin from March 7th, 2018 till the 1st week of May, 2018. Along with the application form, the fees can also be paid online through debit/credit card or in offline mode through net banking or bank challan. The application fees for the general category candidates is Rs 1000/- and for the candidates belonging to the reserved category candidates (SC/ST), the fees is Rs 800/-.
JIPMER 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates should atleast be 17 years of age as on or before the 31st December 2017.
- The candidates should successfully complete their class 12 or other equivalent examination from a recognized board in India. Those who are going to appear for their class 12 exam in 2018 are also eligible to appear for JIPMER 2018.
- It’s a compulsory for the students to study Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology and English in their class 12 and should successfully clear in all the subjects individually in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates should score a minimum of 50% marks in the class 12 or other equivalent examination. For the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH category should score 40%.
JIPMER 2018 Important Dates
- Online registration start –March 2018
- Last date of online registration – May 2018
- Date of issue of admit card – second week of May 2018
- Date of entrance examination – June 2018
- Declaration of result – second week of June 2018
- Counseling – to be announced later
JIPMER 2018 Exam Pattern
The JIPMER 2018 question paper will comprise of objective type question from Physics, Chemistry, Biology Logic & Quantitative Reasoning and English Comprehension. The mode of language will be English and there will be no negative marking for incorrect answers. The division of marks in JIPMER 2018 are as follows:
- Biology/Biochemistry – 60 Questions
- Physics – 60 Questions
- Chemistry – 60 Questions
- Logic & Quantitative Reasoning – 10 Questions
- English & Comprehension – 10 Questions
N.B. The exam pattern is based on the previous year’s question pattern and may subject to change this year.
JIPMER 2018 Admit card
The candidates will be able to download their JIPMER 2018 admit card by visiting the official website in the month of May.
JIPMER 2018 Result
The JIPMER result 2018 will tentatively be declared by the university in the month of June.
JIPMER 2018 Counseling
The candidates who are selected in the JIPMER exam 2018 written test will finally be called for counseling. Therefore, the final admission of the candidates will be based on the rank scored by the candidate in the JIPMER entrance exam and then the counseling.