AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi conducts the AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018which is a national level entrance exam for admission to its Post Graduate (MD/ MS / MDS) courses, the duration of the course is 3 years. With the successful completion of the course, the students are awarded with a post graduate medical degree that is recognized by the Medical Council of India, UGC and all other national and international bodies for the purpose of research work, further studies, employment, etc.
The aspirants who join the MDS or MS or MD degrees are called the Junior Demonstrators in Basic clinical disciplines and Junior Residents in the clinical disciplines.
The selection for the Demonstrators or Junior Residency is normally done twice a year.
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria 2018
Given below is Educational Qualification for AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018:
- A candidates appearing for AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2018 must possess a MBBS or BDS degree and must also complete the 12months internship period in a recognized hospital.
- The candidate must score a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in all the MBBS/BDS professional examinations. However, there is a 33% reservation for those who have done their MBBS/BDS degree from AIIMS New Delhi, provided they have scored 55% aggregate marks.
- There is a relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who have served in the Rural Area for more than 2 years/ native of Backward Areas/ doing practice in a Rural Area with less than 5 thousand population for more than 2 years/ belonging to SC / ST/ / working under the Family Welfare Programmers.
- Those candidates who have more than two failures in MBBS/BDS Professional examinations are not be eligible for admission to MDS/MS/MD courses.
- For calculating the percentage of marks for eligibility determination, those candidates who have failed twice in any of the MBBS/BDS professional examinations, a deduction of 1% and 3% marks respectively shall be made.
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam Application Form 2018
Applications for selection for the postgraduate courses shall be made on prescribed form to
The Assistant Controller of Examination
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi - 110029N.B.:
Those candidates who are already pursuing their MD/ MS/MDS degree in any subject shall not be considered for re-admission to any new MD/ MS/MDS courses. If he/she is found doing so, then their registration will be canceled without any notice.