AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2018
The AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2018 will be conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi for those seeking specialization in nursing courses.
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Programme(s)
B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam evaluates the students for two courses. They are:
- The B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing is a four-year duration course, which apart from New Delhi is offered at Bhopal, Patna, Rishikesh, Bhubaneswar, Raipur and Jodhpur.
- The B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) is a two-years duration course and is offered only at AIIMS, New Delhi
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2018 Important dates (Tentative)
- Online application last date: April 2018
- Challan payment last date: April 2018
- B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing Entrance Exam (online exam only): June 2018 at all AIIMS
- B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) Entrance Exam (online exam only)- 20th June 2018 at New Delhi
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2018 Eligibility criteria
For B.Sc (Hons) Nursing
- Only for the female candidates.
- The candidates must be a citizen of India.
- The candidates must atleast be or will be 17 years of age by 31st of December 2018.
- Should complete 10 2 or other equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, English, and Mathematics or Biology as the core subjects.
- The candidates should score a minimum of 55% aggregate ( 50% for SC/ST) marks in their 10 2 or other equivalent qualifying examination.
For B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic)
- The candidates should successfully complete 10 2 or other equivalent examination (those candidates who have completed their 10 1 on or before 1986 are also eligible to apply)
- Th candidates must possess a Diploma in General nursing or Midwifery from an institution that is recognised by the Indian Nursing Council.
- The candidates must have a registration as a Nurse or a Midwife.
- The Male nurses (only for those who have passed before the year 2003) must possess a certificate in General Nursing. Instead of Training in Midwifery, they should have a 6-months training in any of the following fields:
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- O.T. Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Orthopaedic Nursing
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2018 Exam Pattern
For B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing
- Considering the score that the candidates have got in their AIIMS entrance exam 2018, the admission will be made on the basis of merit.
- The exam will only be held in English language.
- The test paper will comprise of four sections with objective type and multiple choice questions.
- The four sections include:
- Physics: 30 marks
- Chemistry: 30 marks
- Biology: 30 marks
- GK: 10 marks
For B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic)
- The B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) Exam will be conducted only in New Delhi and the question paper will be in English language.
- There are two-stage on which the candidates will be evaluated. They are:
Written Test: There will be a ninety minutes written test conducted for the candidates with seventy objective questions on Professional Trends in Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Midwifery and Obstetrics Nursing, Paediatric Nursing, Physiology and Pharmacology, Fundamentals of Nursing and Surgical Nursing.
Interview: Once the candidates are selected in the written test, they are required to sit for an interview. There is 30 marks in the interview and the final selection of the candidates is made on the basis of the interview marks and also considering the records in 10 2 and nursing academic scores along with performance as a nurse also.
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2018 Application procedure
- The online registration should be made at - www.aiimsexams.org
- The payment is done using Challan or credit/debit as instructed in the official website
- The challan should be submitted at any of the SBI branch
- The application fees for the General, OBC and Unreserved Category candidates are Rs. 1000. However, there is a relaxation of fees for the candidates belonging to SC/ST category and their fees are Rs. 800.
- The admit card can be downloaded from the official websites: www.aiims.edu and www.aiimsexams.org
- If the candidates find problem in downloading the admit from the official website, the same should be written immediately to the
Assistant Controller of Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi. Write about the details of the registration and send it via post.
- The candidates are not allowed to carry diaries, calculators, mobile phones inside the examination hall.
- The AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2018 results will be available on the official website www.aiimsexams.org.