Application Form BIT MCA 2018
On going to the application page in the official website
, you will find a tab called How to Apply. Click on the “Apply Online”, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ as prompted. The Institute website enables you to apply for the test and do the necessary documentations online too. Here you have to pay a fee of Rs.2500/- (General / OBC candidates) or Rs.1500/- (SC/ST candidates) via the State Bank Collect - Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card through any of the nationalized banks. The payment should be made in favor of “Birla Institute of Technology” before the provided date.
Once you have filled up the form and paid the fee, you have to take a print out and then send this along with a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier to-
Dean Admissions & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra,
The letter should be addressed as Application for MCA 2018 on top. It is suggested that candidates fill the form only if they are sure of the above criteria. The Online Application Form can be used to apply for Institute at BIT Allahabad, BIT Jaipur, BIT Kolkata, BIT Lalpur, BIT Mesra and BIT Noida Campuses. Choose your order of preference in the dropdown box. Do select all the wanted campuses prior to submitting. The form should be filled online and then submitted. No handwriting or overwriting should be done. Along with the duly completed form, you also have to give-
- One recent colour photograph attached by clip (write you’re Name, Form No. and MCA-2015 on the back of the photo)
- Payment receipt towards application fee of Rs.2500/- (General / OBC) and Rs.1500/- (SC/ST) candidates (non-refundable)
- Photocopies of certificates (write your Name, Form No. and MCA-2015 on the back of each of the photocopies):
- Pass certificate of Class 10 (as proof of age)
- Marksheet of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
- Marksheets of Graduation for graduates
Candidates are usually given their preferred test centers, but at times the exams can be held thrice in a row to accommodate all applicants. All exams are conducted on the same day, with timings- 09.00 am to 11.00 am, 12.00 to 02.00 pm, and 03.00 to 05.00 pm
Admit Card BIT MCA 2018 Entrance Exam
Once your form has been received by the Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, BIT Mesra, Ranchi, you are allotted a test center, time along with an admit card. This card is mandatory when you sit for the exam and should be carried with you. These admit cards are usually available on the website in the month of May and should be downloaded. In case you are unable to download the same, get in touch with the Admissions Office at BIT Mesra, Ranchi by telephone or fax.
Seats Available BIT MCA 2018 Entrance Exam
- Allahabad - 60 Seats
- Jaipur - 45 Seats
- Kolkata - 55 Seats
- Mesra - 60 Seats
- Lalpur - 120 Seats
- Noida - 60 Seats
BIT MCA 2018 Exam Pattern Section A: Mathematics (60 questions – objective type)
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, expansion, factorization, quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations, surds
- Set Theory: Sets and subsets, operations on sets, sequences, properties of integers, relations and functions
- Matrix Algebra: Elementary transformations, inverse of a matrix, rank, solution of simultaneous linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, quadratic forms
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of aline, mid point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous functions, differentiation of function(s), tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima, integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integral application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of a sphere, cone, cylinder, Taylor Series.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, averages, dep endent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression
- Linear Programming: Formulation of simple linear programming problems, basic concepts of graphical and simplex methods, revised simplex method, transportation and assignment problems, duality and integer programming.
Section B: Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning : (20 questions – objective type)
Questions in this section will test logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and visio-spatial reasoningSection C: Computer Awareness: (20 questions – objective type)
Section D: English: (20 questions – objective type)
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, 1’s and 2’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I / O devices, interrupts
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high-level language, Multipro gramming and time-sharing operating systems, Computer Programming in C.
- Flow chart and Algorithms
- Operating Systems: Evolution of operating systems, types of operating systems, functions of an operating system, modern operating systems.
- Use of articles and prepositions (fill in the blanks or correct use)
- Idioms and phrases
- Reading comprehension
- Expansion of an idea
- Sentence sequence (jumbled sentences)
- Completion of a sentence (with choices)
- Choice of appropriate word to fill in the blanks (with options)
- Abridging sentences / paragraphs
You have to attempt 120 questions in 2 hours that are multiple choices. You get 4 marks for the right answer and 1 negative marking for the wrong one.
BITMCA 2018 Important Dates
Registration: February last week, 2018
Last date to apply online: April third week, 2018
Last date to submit form: April last week, 2018
Availability of admit card: May second week, 2018
Entrance exam: May last week, 2018
Result date: June second week, 2018