HP CMAT 2017 is the Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University business school. It is an entrance test into their MBA course. If you want to do MBA at the Himachal Pradesh University business school, then it is mandatory to clear this test. Many colleges located in Himachal Pradesh accept these scores too.
HP CMAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for HPCMAT the candidate must hold a bachelors degree from a recognised university. It is also mandatory for the candidates to secure at least 50% marks in their bachelors or 45% marks in case of SC/ST candidates. Students who are appearing for their final degree examination are eligible to apply.
There is a maximum age bar of 26 years and 29 years for SC/ ST candidates. However, this doesn’t apply to NRI/NRI Sponsored/Foreign National candidates/students, and serving/retired defense personnel.
HP CMAT 2017 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
HP CMAT 2017 syllabus comprises of questions from the following subjects or topics.
- English Comprehension
- Business environment
- Arithmetic Comprehension and Data Interpretation
HP CMAT 2017 paper consists of 50 objective questions that are a part of the 4 subjects mentioned above and should be completed in 3 hours.
The HPU-CMAT will have four sections of
- English Comprehension 50 questions
- Reasoning 50 questions
- Business Environment 50 questions
- Arithmetic Comprehension & Data Interpretation 50 questions
- Total 200 questions
HP CMAT 2017 Application Form
Those candidates wanting to get admission in Himachal Pradesh University business school have to print the HP CMAT application form or get the same from the HP University office or other allied business schools. A payment in cash is required. For those who are downloading the same need to go via the official website
In both the cases, the candidate needs to fill up the form precisely. Make sure that there are no errors on the same along with taking care of vital enclosures. Any errors in the form can lead to disqualification. You should also make sure that the form is sent to the recommended address before the last date. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the form. If you are downloading the form, do remember to send the same along with the application fee via DD. This DD has to be drawn in favor of Director, Himachal Pradesh University Business School, Shimla.
There is no precise date available for the HP CMAT 2017 Application Form but it is expected to be released in the month of March 2017. Like previous years, the forms have to be filled up and then submitted by the month of May 2017. The candidates can collect the application form from the counter for a payment of 1000. It can also be done via post with a payment of 1050/-. Those who belong to the SC, ST categories have to pay 500/- and 550/- as application fee via cash and post respectively.
HP CMAT 2017 Admission Process
The admission of candidates who clear the exam is done on the basis of the scores, along with the round of interviews and other processes that are conducted at various centres across India. Post this, the board of HP gets in touch with the shortlisted candidates personally for the next round of counseling and GD/PI rounds. Selection is based on the combination of all of these procedures.
HP CMAT 2017 Examination Pattern
The B-schools, which would accept the scores of HP CMAT 2017, are as follows:
- In 4 major divisions, examination is divided
- 180 minutes will be the total duration of this examination
- Totally 200 questions are asked
- Only objective types of questions are asked in this examination
- Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS), Summerhill, Shimla
- Dr. V.S. Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry, Nauni, Solan (Agribusiness Programme)
- L. R. Institute of Management, Solan
- H. P. Institute of Management Studies, Totu, Shimla
- Shimla Institute of Management & Technology, Sanjauli, Shimla
- K. C. Institute of Management, Pandoga, Una
- Abhilashi Institute of Management Studies, Ner Chowk, Mandi
- Bells Institute of Management & Technology, Mehli , Shimla
- Himalayan Institute of Management Studies, Kala Amb (Sirmour)
- Jagriti Institute of Management, Deodhar, Mandi
- Chaudhary Sarvan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vish•avidyalya, Palampur