Sathyabama University Engineering Entrance Exam
At Sathyabama University, students get a change to continue their passion for technology with unperturbed determination and intent to excel. Sathyabama University offers young engineering facilities to experiment and study engineering with the latest facilities. Their engineering courses are usually 4 years long and you have to sit for the Sathyabama University Engineering Entrance Exam to be eligible for the same. Having multiple programs available makes it easier for the students to apply for more than one category of admission. The examination is a computer based one that will be done in an authorized examination center along with option of handwritten test too.
Programs offered at Sathyabama University
- B.E - Aeronautical Engineering
- B.E - Automobile Engineering
- B.E - Civil Engineering
- B.E - Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E - Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.E - Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- B.E - Mechanical and Production Engineering
- B.E - Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech - Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech - Information Technology
- B.Tech - Bioinformatics
- B.Tech - Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech - Biotechnology
- B.Arch - Bachelor of Architecture
Sathyabama University Engineering Eligibility Criteria
To apply or be eligible for the Sathyabama University Engineering Entrance Exam 2018, students must have passed the qualifying examination with first class / grade either in March/April 2017 or should be appearing for the same in March / April 2018. The candidate's date of birth should be on or after 1st January, 1998.
Candidates should have also passed their 10 class or Equivalent Examination in March/April 2015 or after with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks or “6.0” CGPA. Except B.Tech in biotechnology and biomedical engineering and B.Arch, criteria for all other courses remains pass in the 10 2 / HSC / ICSE or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with an average of 60% marks and above.
Note- Non Resident Indian (NRI) and Candidates of Foreign Origin are not eligible to appear for this Entrance Examination. Also, there are different criterion specific to your respective programs, which are available on the website
Sathyabama University Engineering Application Form
Candidates who fill the eligibility criteria can buy the application form on payment of Rs. 1000/-. These can be paid at major Indian Bank Branches throughout India and University Campus. Filled in applications should be sent to
The Co-ordinator, Sathyabama University,
Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Chennai 600119” before 31st March, 2018
You can also get the application forms via post by sending a request letter (candidate's mailing address should be mentioned clearly in capital letters with pin code number, mobile number and E-Mail ID) along with a demand draft for Rs.1100/-
Those who are opting for the online mode should fill in the application and verify all the details entered. After the verification of the details, payment of Rs. 1000/- should be made either by using Net Banking Facility/Credit Cards(VISA and Master)/Debit Cards(VISA and Master) or by challan payment at any one of the Indian Bank branches.
Note- If you already made the payment and If it is not successful, please -
- Wait for a minimum of three working days.
- Verify the payment status using your application number or existing login ID.
- Even after three days if your application payment is not successful you are requested to verify your bank statement before going for repayment.
- The repayment may be made either existing online/offline mode.
Time Slot Booking
The date, time slot booking and downloading of hall ticket will commence from 5th April 2018. All candidates are requested to book online
and download the hall ticket.Important:
The Candidate should be present in the Examination Centre at least 30 minutes before the commencement of Examination. You are not allowed to possess or carry any electronic devices inside the Examination Centre such as mobile phone, blue tooth device etc. You must carry only pen / pencil, eraser inside the examination center.
Sathyabama University Engineering Exam Pattern
The Question paper is divided into three parts:
PART – A Comprises of 60 questions from Physics and Chemistry (30 questions each) of multiple-choice type.
PART– B Comprises of 60 questions from Mathematics of multiple-choice type. PART – C Comprises of 60 questions from Biology of multiple-choice type. PART – A – Compulsory for all the students.
- Candidates can choose either PART – B (Mathematics) or PART – C (Biology),
depending on thier course.
- Students who answer PART – B are eligible for all B.E./B.Tech. programmes except BDS programme.
- Students who answer PART – C are eligible for B. Tech – Biotechnology; B.Tech – Biomedical; B.Tech – Bioinformatics and BDS programmes only.
Sathyabama University Engineering Entrance Exam 2018 Important Dates
- Issue of application forms: 1st November, 2017
- Last date for submitting the filled in application forms by any mode: 6th April, 2018
- Commencement of Slot booking / downloading of Hall Tickets: 18th April, 2018
- Last date for Slot booking / downloading of Hall Tickets: 22nd April, 2018
- Date of Computer based Examination: *28th & 29th April, 2018
- Date of Computer based Examination in Guntur, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Velivennu, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, Kota, and Chennai: *26th to 29th April, 2018
- Declaration of Results and Commencement of downloading of counselling call letter (tentative): 5th May, 2018
- Counselling dates (tentative): 21st to 26th May, 2018
(* The computer based examination will be conducted in different slots (9.00 A.M. to 11.30 A.M., 12.30 P.M to 3.00 P.M. and 4.00 P.M. to 6.30 P.M) depending on the number of candidates applied in a particular centre (city). Though a candidate has opted the state and city to appear for entrance examination-2018, he/she need to book the date and time (slot booking) to appear for the same.)
Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai,
Chennai - 600 119.
Administrative Office : 044 - 2450 3150/51/52/53/54/55
Entrance Exam Office : 044 - 2450 2436 / 044 - 2450 2344
For all other queries related to entrance examination please send an e-Mail with your name, application number (if applied), mobile number, aadhaar number (if available) and correct e-Mail ID to email@example.com.
Phone: 044-24502436, 1800 423 1770