The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Kakinada conducts the Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET) on behalf of the A.P. State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). PGECET is a state level common entrance test for admission to regular postgraduate (PG) courses in engineering, technology, architecture and pharmacy, whose scores are accepted by various colleges and universities of Andhra Pradesh.
The universities that accept the PGECET scores offer a wide variety of postgraduate courses in engineering, technology, architecture and pharmacy. The Master of Engineering (M.E.) and the Master of Technology (M.Tech.) programmes offer various specializations like civil engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, biotechnology and it varies with each university or college. The courses through PGECET 2016 include:
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch.)
- Master of Engineering (M.E.)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.)
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm.)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm-D)
Tentative Important Dates for PGECET 2016
Given below are the tentative dates for PGECET 2016 for admission to engineering, technology, architecture and pharmacy colleges of Andhra Pradesh:
- Release of admission notice: 9 March, 2016
- Online submission of applications starts from: 12 March, 2016
- Last date to apply online: 20 April, 2016
- Last date to apply online with late fee of Rs.500: 30 April, 2016
- Last date to apply online with late fee of Rs. 2000: 11 May, 2016
- Last date to apply online with late fee of Rs. 5000: 18 May, 2016
- Last date to apply online with late fee of Rs. 10000: 21 May, 2016
- Hall tickets available for downloads from:19 - 21 May, 2016
- PGECET 2015 exam dates: 25 - 27 May, 2016
PGECET 2016 Exam Centres
PGECET 2016 will be conducted in the following five regions:
Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
University College of Engineering Kakinada
College of Engineering, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
Sri Venkateshwara University College of Engineering, Tirupathi
JNTU College of Engineering, Ananthapuram
PGECET 2016 Application Procedure
The candidates can apply online for PGECET 2016. The registration fee is Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 for candidates belonging to SC/ST category) for the general category candidates. The Payment can be done through AP online centres/ MeeSeva centres or through a debit/ credit card:AP Online:
The candidates can go to AP Online/ MeeSeva centres with the following mandatory details:
Candidate's Father Name
Candidate’s Date of Birth
Hall Ticket number of S.S.C (class 10) and month & year of passing
Candidate’s Mobile number
Tests & Paper(s) opted for Examination
After paying the registration fee, the candidate can obtain a receipt that would contain a transaction ID.
Using this "Transaction ID", the candidates can log on to www.appgecet.org
The registration fee can also be paid by the candidate using a debit or credit card referring to the User Guide.
The payment is done successfully a "Transaction ID" will be generated to the candidate which will be displayed on the screen. Use this ID to log on to www.appgecet.org.
PGECET 2016 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for Andhra Pradesh's Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET) 2016 is as follows:
PGECET 2016 will have two papers with 120 marks each. The question paper will contain objective type questions (multiple choice answers) and the duration for each paper will be of two hours.
The various papers that are part of PGECET 2016 are listed below along with the paper code:
- AS - Aerospace Engineering
- BT – Bio Technology
- CE - Civil Engineering
- CH - Chemical Engineering
- CS - Computer Science & Information Technology
- EC - Electronics & Communication Engineering
- EE - Electrical Engineering
- EI - Instrumentation Engineering
- ME - Mechanical Engineering
- MT – Metallurgy
- PY – Pharmacy
- GG - Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics
- NT - Nano Technology
- FT - Food Technology
PGECET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for PGECET 2016, the candidates must have the following qualification or the candidates who are appearing for the final examination are also allowed to apply for PGECET 2016:
- • Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
- • Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)
- • Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (AMIE)
- • Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- • Bachelor of Planning (B.Plan)
- • Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.)
However, depending upon the course that the candidate has applied, the qualifying degrees may vary for every course.
- If the candidate is applying for engineering and pharmacy courses, he/she should score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates) in their last qualifying examination.
- Preference is given to GATE 2016 qualified candidates for admission to various postgraduate and professional programmes offered by the colleges of Andhra Pradesh. PGECET 2016 qualified students will only be considered for the remaining vacant seats.
- For admission to M.Pharm. Programmes, the candidate’s having a valid Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) 2016 score would be considered before those candidates who have qualified PGECET 2016.
- For the graduate level Pharm-D (post-baccalaureate) courses, the candidates should have a graduate level three-year program in pharmacy, having passed the B.Pharm. Programme from an institution that is approved by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
PGECET 2016 Exam Syllabus
- Aerospace Engineering (AS): Engineering mathematics, flight mechanics, space dynamics, aerodynamics and structures.
- Bio-technology (BT): Bioinformatics, recombinant DNA technology, characteristics of animal cells, engineering mathematics, biochemistry and microbiology.
- Chemical Engineering (CH): Chemical technology, heat transfer, mass transfer, fluid mechanics, chemical engineering and engineering mathematics.
- Civil Engineering (CE): Geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, engineering mathematics, environmental engineering, water resources engineering and transportation engineering.
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CS): Mathematical logic, algorithms, computer organization and architecture, engineering mathematics, databases and computer networks.
- Electrical Engineering (EE): Analog and digital electronics, control systems, signals and systems, power systems and engineering mathematics.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Digital and analog circuits, networks, electronic devices, control systems, engineering mathematics, electromagnetic and communications.
- Geo-Engineering and Geo-Informatics (GG): Programming in C, engineering mathematics, rocks, maps, environment, soils, oceans and surveying methods.
- Instrumentation Engineering (EI): Engineering mathematics, digital and analog electronics, transducers, basics of circuits and measurement systems; analytical, optical and biomedical instrumentation.
- Mechanical Engineering (ME): Engineering mathematics, applied mechanics and design, manufacturing and industrial engineering.
- Metallurgy (MT): Engineering mathematics, extractive metallurgy, thermodynamics, manufacturing processes, physical metallurgy and mechanical metallurgy.
- Nano Technology (NT): Fluid mechanics, heat transfer, engineering mechanics and strength of material, metallurgical thermodynamics, elements of materials science and advanced material science.
- Pharmacy (PY): Pharmacology, pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacognosy and phytochemistry, pharmaceutical analysis and quality assurance.
PGECET Colleges and Courses
For admission to the regular postgraduate (PG) courses in engineering, technology, architecture and pharmacy through PGECET 2016 scores, the following colleges and universities in Andhra Pradesh (AP) will accept students.
Given below is the list of PGECET 2015 colleges/institutes along with the PG degrees that they offer.
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur - M.Tech & M.Pharm
- AU College of Engineering, Andhra University - M.Tech & M.E.
- University College of Pharmacy, Andhra University - M.Pharm
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur (JNTUA) - M.Tech & M.Pharm
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada (JNTUK) - M.Tech
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapur - M.Pharm & M.Tech
- Sri Padmavathi Mahila University, Tirupathi - M.Pharm & M.Tech
- Sri Venkateswara University College of Engineering, Tirupati - M.E./ M.Tech
PGECET 2016 Contact
Ist Floor, Administrative Building
JNT University Kakinada
Kakinada – 533003
Phone : 0884-2356355
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org