Gujarat Common Entrance Test - GUJCET 2018
The Gujarat Common Entrance Test popularly known as GUJCET 2018 is a state level entrance exam and is a gateway for admission to different fields in Engineering, Medical, Physiotherapy, etc. in various government and private colleges in the state of Gujarat. GUJCET is conducted by The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Education Department, Government of Gujarat.
GUJCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are eligible for GUJCET 2018 examination only if they satisfy following condition:
- Candidates who are bonafide residents of Gujarat but are now living in some other states of the country are eleigible to apply.
- Candidates should be of 17 years and should be of Gujarat domicile to apply for the examination.
- Candidates ought to be passed in Higher Secondary Certificate examination form a recognized board/university to apply for the examination.
- Candidates must score at least 45% of aggregate in the examination in case of general category (40% in case of reserved category).
- Candidates applying for BE, B.Tech courses must have PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) as their subjects to apply for the examination.
GUJCET 2018 Important Dates
- GUJCET Online application starts from: March, 2018
- Last date for submission: April, 2018
- Issue of Admit Cards: May, 2018
- GUJCET 2018 Exam Dates: May, 2018
- Declaration of Results: June, 2018
- GUJCET 2018 Counselling: : June, 2018
GUJCET 2018 Application Form
Candidates who are interested must fill and submit the application form of GUJCET 2018.Steps for applying for GUJCET form are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Applicants are required to register by visiting website www.gseb.org.
- Step 2: Applicants are required to click on GUJCET and then on “Apply Online”.
- Step 3: Applicants are required to fill their Name, Mobile number and Email ID and register it.
- Step 4: Applicants need to login and fill in their personal, qualification and necessary detail as mentioned in the form and submit it.
- Step 5: Applicants need to pay an application fees of Rs. 300 to complete the process offline through DD in favor of “Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, Gandhinagar”.
- Step 6: After completion of form applicants need to take printout of form and send their application form to the following address:
Admission Committee for professional Courses,
Admission Building, L.D. College of Engineering Campus
Navrangpura, Ahmadabad – 380015
Applicants are required to pay the application fee of Rs 250/- through DD in favor of “Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, Gandhinagar”.
GUJCET 2018 Syllabus
- Static Electricity
- Current Electricity and its Effects
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves and Optics
- Dual Nature of Radiations and Matter, Atom and Nucleus
- Semiconductor Electronics and Communication
- Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Alcohols, Phenol and Ether
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Nitro compounds
- Polymer Substances
- Bio molecules
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Straight Lines and Family of Straight Lines
- Indefinite Integration
- Definite Integration
- Differential Equations
- Differentiations and its Applications
- Water Relation of Plants
- Mineral Nutrition
- Animal Nutrition and Digestive System of Cockroach & Humans
- Circulation in Animals
- Excretion and Osmo regulation in Animals
- Movement and Locomotion in Animal
- Nervous System of Cockroach and Humans
- Human Endocrine System
- Growth and Development in Plants
- Reproduction and Development in Animals
- Growth, Regeneration and Ageing
- Organism and their Environment
- Natural Resources: Their Kinds and Sources
- Biological Resources and Biodiversity
- Population – Environment and Development
- Food Production
- Immunity and Human Health
- Modern Methods of Diagnosis
GUJCET 2018 Exam Pattern
The paper comprises of 120 multiple choice questions 1 mark each. Time for the test will be about 180 minutes.
The test will be conducted in English, Hindi and Gujarati. 0.25 marks will be reduced for each wrong answer.
The distribution of subject and question is as follows:
- Subject: Physics
No of Question: 40
- Subject: Chemistry
No of Question: 40
- Subject: Biology/ Mathematics
No of Question: 40
No of Question: 120