COMEDK UGET 2018
The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) is an online undergraduate Entrance Test conducted by the the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka for admission to 25 dental, 14 medical and over 150 engineering colleges. The candidate must have passed 10 2 or other equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology as the main subjects to appear for COMEDK UGET 2018. The COMEDK prepares merit rank of candidates on the basis of their performance in COMEDK UGET entrance exam. The COMEDK UGET 2018 score will only be valid for the upcoming academic year.
COMEDK UGET 2018 acts as an alternative for engineering admissions in Karnataka after the state examination. The exam will be held in about 290 exam centres in 132 cities for admissions into the participating institutes.
Tentative dates for COMEDK UGET 2018
Bachelors in Architecture (B.Arch.) centralized counseling
- Online application form available (MBBS/BDS/B.E.): 14th March, 2018
- Last date for receipt of completed application forms (MBBS/BDS/B.E.): 14th April, 2018
- Issue of admit cards (Online): 27th April, 2018
- COMEDK UGET-2018 test day: 13th May, 2018
- Provisional answer keys to be published: 13th May, 2018 (late in the evening)
- Last date for objections on answer keys: 16th May, 2018
- Final answer key to be published: 26th May, 2018
- Test scores to be published: 1st June May, 2018
- Last date for objects on test scores: 7th June, 2018
- Rank list & rank card to be published online: 6th June, 2018
- Online application form available (B.Arch.): 25th May, 2018
- Last date to receive completed application forms (B.Arch.): 11th June, 2018
- Rank list for B.Arch to be published: 3rd July, 2018
COMEDK UGET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates should score a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 50% marks (40% in SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state) in English in their PUC, 12th or other equivalent examination from any recognized board (except open board/university) of the country.
- All candidates should pass in their entire individual subject.
- The Physics, Mathematics and English are the compulsory subjects for COMEDK UGET 2018 while Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any other technical vocational courses are included in the optional subject.
- Any candidates who are diploma holders are not eligible to appear for COMEDK UGET 2018.
- The candidates should score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state) in the PUC or 12th or other equivalent examination from any recognized board (except open university/board) of the country. Candidates having a 10 3 diploma are also eligible for the course.
- The candidates must appear for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) which is conducted by the COA for both general and reserved category students and score atleast 80 marks out of 200.
- The candidates are required to submit a separate application for the B.Arch course.
- For the B.Arch programme, there is no entrance tests held for the students.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Application Form
- The candidates should register online for the RFA (Request for Application) to apply for COMEDK UGET 2018. They are required to fill the necessary details such as RFA as name, e-mail ID, valid mobile number, ID proof, passing class, marks card, date of birth for further communication.
- Once the RFA is submitted successfully, the applicant will get registered hence a Unique login ID and password will be sent to them via SMS on the given mobile number or email id.
- With the help of the Unique login ID and password, the applicant will get access to the OAF (Online Application Form) and will be able to fill up the application form.
- After the application process is complete, the candidates will be provided with a six digit application number and a copy of the filled application form. They are required to send the filled application form to the given address:
The Executive Secretary – COMEDK
132, Second Floor, 11th Main,
7th Cross, Malleswaram,
COMEDK UGET Application Fee
The application fees for COMEDK UGET 2018 varies depending upon the course that the candidates wish to apply. The payment can be done through the debit/credit card or net banking or through the DD collected by any national bank of India. The application fees for the engineering, medical/dental and architecture courses are:
- For Medical or Engineering aspirants - Rs. 1200/-
- For Medical and Engineering aspirants - Rs. 1500/-
- For Architecture aspirants - Rs. 1000/-
COMEDK UGET 2018 Exam Paper
The paper pattern for this examination is as follows:
- The duration for the exam is 3 hours
- An OMR sheet is provided to all the applicants to mark their answers
- Each correct answer carries 1 mark each
- There are no negative marking for wrong answers
- If there is a tie in the COMEDK score, the board will only consider the number of unattended and wrong answers to finally come to a conclusion.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Syllabus
The COMEDK UGET 2018 syllabus for Mathematics are as follows.
- Corelation & Regression
- Matrices & Determinates
- Logarithmic Series
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Differential Equation
- Three Dimensional Geometry
The COMEDK UGET 2018 syllabus for Physics are as follows.
- Units of Measurement
- Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Current & Electricity
- Motion in one, two & three dimensions
- Kinetic Energy
- Heat & Thermodynamics
The COMEDK UGET 2018 syllabus for Biology are as follows.
- Diversity in the living world
- Genetics & evolution
- Reproduction in animals
- Reproduction in plants
- Ecology & environment
- Structural Organization in animals
- Structural Organization in plants
- Human Warfare
The COMEDK UGET 2018 syllabus for Chemistry are as follows.
- Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Chemistry in Action
- Transition of Metals
- Chemical Kinetics
- Organic Chemistry
- Nuclear Chemistry
COMEDK Contact Details
No. 132, 3rd Floor
11th Main, 17th Cross,
Pin - 560055