The Top 10 Career Choices
Thinking about which career to pursue?
Do you have the skills that can help you to accede in a particular career?Given below is the list of top 10 career choices
Also Read: Things to Do When You Do Not Get a Career of Your Choice
- Engineering is a huge field and with lots of innovation and hard work, an Engineer can excel in this field with lots of possibilities to create something new. If you have done your Engineering from a reputed college, then there are chances for you to get picked by top class companies before even the completion of your program.
Minimum Estimated salary: A fresher can earn between Rs. 400,000 to Rs. 500,000 per annum (approx).
- Doctor’s profession has perennial respect and demand. Moreover, a good specialization in various medical fields can give them unexpected return. Be it a private practice, government employees, surgeries, a Doctor can make a lot of money in his career and are in constant demand. Even dentists in today’s time earn a huge amount of money.
Minimum Estimated salary: Rs.4.5Lakh to 6 Lakh per annum (approx).
- Lawyer is one another most common and sought after career option. The duty of a Lawyer involves various things such as –
- Represent the clients in courts, in various private legal matters, before the government agencies
- Communicate and advice their clients
- Conduct various research on legal problems
- Present facts verbally and in writing to their clients or others and argue on behalf of their client
Minimum Estimated salary: 3,00,000 per annum (approx).
- If you love the number game then Charted Accountant is certainly your cup of tea. Commonly known as CA, it has always been the most sought after career options among commerce students. Every big or a small company hires a CA to maintain their various accounts. A Charted Accountant can find a job mostly in the private sector with end number of CA firms in every nook and corner.
Minimum Estimated salary: Rs. 350,000 to Rs. 450,000 per annum (approx).
LecturerThe career as a lecturer involves a dialogic process between the student and the lecturer and in today's time one of the highest paid career. To be a Lecturer, you should have an excellent academic record starting right from the class 10 level. Lecturers are required to devote a lot of time in keeping themselves updated with the latest information in their particular field.
Minimum Estimated salary: Rs. 40,000 – Rs.1, 000, 00 per month (approx).
- Sports, which was always considered as a hobby, is now being taken seriously as a career option. If you among those people with an inborn passion for sports, then sports as a career does offers a plenty of opportunities for you. Be it cricket, badminton, hockey, boxing, wrestling, tennis, etc. a sport person can have an excellent career out of it. The best career options related to sports include:
- Sports Journalism / Sports Commentating
- Sports Photographer
- Consultants (Sports Medicine)
- Umpire / Referee
- Manufacturing Sports Equipment
Defense/Armed ForcesArmy is considered as one of prestigious career. Those who wish to choose a career in adventure, challenges, excitement than a career in the defence is the best place for them to be to meet all their expectations.
Minimum Estimated salary: Rs. 80,000-90,000 per month (approx).
- The management professionals are mostly hired by the financial services and management consulting firms, private sector companies, etc. They start their career as Management Trainee and undergo an extensive training for a period of 6 months-1 year to groom them into future leadership positions.
Minimum Estimated salary: Rs. 20-24 Lakhs per Annum (approx).
- With various private airlines blooming, it is seen that there is a large demand for qualified pilots, stewards, ground staff, air hostesses, etc. The attractive salary packages which starts at around 7 Lakhs to 9.5Lakhs INR for both jumbo pilots and regular pilots is something that attracts a lot to pursue a career in the aviation sector.
- A career in modeling and acting has always been a very promising career with lots of hard work. From various auditions to rehearsals, the career involves a lot of dedication. But, a successful career in this field gives a lot of fame along with money. Modeling assignments vary from print ads for magazines, fashion shows, TV commercials and billboard advertisements, etc. A new comer, depending upon the role can easily earn somewhere between 2,000 – 10,000 per episode and a more experienced actor can earn INR 10,000-2, 00, 000 per episode in TV shows. A debutante in film industry can get somewhere between INR 5-50 lacs as per the role and film budget. Some of the successful actors in Tamil and Hindi film industry get paid in crores.
Below is the list of the top career options available stream-wise
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Stock Broking
- Agriculture Economics
- Forensic Science
- Food Technology & Processing
- Home Science
- Physical Sciences & Allied Field
- Public Relations
- Publishing and Printing
- Club Disc Jockey
- Radio Jockeying
- Video Jockeying
- Video Editing
- Human Resource Management
- Accounting Management
- Event Management
- Export Management
- Financial Management
- Foreign Trade
- Hotel Management
- Hospitality Management
- Retail Management
- Sales & Marketing Management
- Career in NGO
- Social Work
- Library Science
- Research Assistant
- Air Hostess
- Infrastructure & Real Estate
- Fitness Training
- Fine Arts
- Logistics & Cargo
- Poultry Farming
- Railway Services
- Asst Administrative Officer
- Dairy Farming
- Detective Services
- Vastu & Feng Shui
- Vedic Astrology